points - Details)
Heart-healthy, perfectly-portioned meals for two ― it’s a snap with this cookbook.
When cooking with heart health in mind, portion sizes are just as important as ingredients. This heart healthy cookbook saves you the guesswork of what and how much to eat with perfectly portioned recipes just for two.
Cardiac dietician and renowned nutrition expert, Jennifer Koslo, serves up guilt-free meals that are low on sodium and fat, but high on flavor―for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Complete with a meal plan to get you started off right, this heart healthy cookbook makes it easy to enjoy your meals worry-free.
The Heart Healthy Cookbook for Two includes:
- Perfect-for-two Portions―Say “goodbye” to the guesswork of halving recipes and confidently prepare quick, appropriately-sized meals.
- 125 Delicious, Nutrient-rich Recipes―Enjoy good food that’s good for your heart, too.
- A Four-week Meal Plan―Kick-start your diet at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All planned out, all perfectly delicious.
Stop worrying―you’ll always have just the right amount on your plate with The Heart Healthy Cookbook for Two.
From the Publisher
SAMPLE RECIPE: Cauliflower Salad with Cherry Tomatoes
SERVES: 2 / PREP TIME: 10 minutes / COOK TIME: 30 minutes
Sheet pan side dishes are great time savers during the week when you don’t have the time to do a lot of cooking. Prep and clean up are relatively easy and you can make a double batch and have leftovers for later. This simple, nutrient-rich dish couldn’t be easier. Just toss together some tomatoes, cauliflower, and Swiss chard—three foods packed with inflammation-reducing phytochemicals, antioxidants, and cholesterol-lowering fiber—drizzle them with heart healthy olive oil, and roast them to bring out their natural sweet flavors.
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, tomatoes, Swiss chard, olive oil, capers, and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the vegetables out on the sheet. Cook for 25 to 30 min- utes, stirring occasionally. The tomatoes should start to release their juices, the cauliflower should start to turn golden brown, and the Swiss chard should wilt.
4. Remove from the oven and serve topped with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
2 cups cauliflower florets, thinly sliced
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 bunch Swiss chard
1 tablespoon olive oil
1⁄2 teaspoon capers
1⁄4 teaspoon red chili flakes
Salt, freshly ground black pepper