points - Details)
Start the day off right with tasty, healthy breakfasts
Whether you are single or feeding a family of five, preparing a balanced breakfast isn’t always a luxury you may have. Fortunately, The Healthy Breakfast Cookbook will equip you with tools and recipes to make a healthy, delicious breakfast―with time left to eat it too.
Filled with delicious recipes like Sweet Potato Breakfast Biscuits and Protein-Packed Banana Pancakes, this cookbook offers something for every type of morning eater―and every type of schedule. You’ll find a range of nutritionally balanced breakfasts, whether you’re planning ahead or scrambling to throw something together (and even a few recipes for more indulgent weekend mornings). This book―and all of its recipes, tips, and tricks―is dedicated to making the morning ritual as easy and delicious as possible!
This cookbook includes:
- 75 tasty, balanced breakfasts―Enjoy healthier takes on the foods you love, all of which have nutritional information and dietary labels.
- Solutions for busy mornings―Look for recipes with a “super-rushed” label when you need a quick solution or make-ahead tips when you’re able to plan in advance.
- Handy tips and tools―Advice for substituting ingredients, making prep as easy as possible, and perfecting staples such as hard-boiled eggs.
Bring back the most important meal of the day with The Healthy Breakfast Cookbook.
From the Publisher
Includes delicious recipes like:
French Toast Roll-Ups
1. Put the bread on a work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the bread flat to resemble tortillas. Cut off the crusts.
2. Spread a generous amount of hazelnut spread on each slice of bread. Sprinkle on the strawberries. Roll the slices and set the rolls aside, seam-side down. The hazelnut spread should hold the edge in place.
3. In a shallow dish, whisk the eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well blended.
4. On a griddle or in a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
5. Dredge each bread roll in the egg mixture and place it on the griddle, seam-side down. This will help keep the roll together. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side until browned. Remove from the heat and sprinkle sugar on top. Serve hot with maple syrup. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days
Per Serving: Calories: 213; Fat: 12g; Protein: 7g; Carbohydrates: 21g; Fiber: 3g; Sodium: 216mg; Sugar: 9g
French toast is usually made by dredging bread into an egg and milk mixture and frying it in a skillet. This recipe changes it up a little by flattening the bread, topping it with a spread and fresh berries, and rolling it up before dredging. Try it with the delicious hazelnut spread or make it your own by using other spreads, like cream cheese or nut butters. SERVES 6
VEGETARIAN PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
6 slices bread of choice
Hazelnut spread, for topping (like Nutella)
1 cup strawberries, diced
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons heavy (whipping) cream, or milk
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch ground nutmeg, Pinch salt
2 tablespoons grass-fed butter, Sugar for sprinkling, Maple syrup for serving