points - Details)
The heart-healthy Mediterranean diet meets the fat-burning power of keto!
The Mediterranean diet has long been revered as one of the healthiest ways to eat―but what if you could make it even better? The Essential Ketogenic Mediterranean Diet Cookbook combines the heart-healthy and fiber-rich foods and healthy lifestyle habits of the Mediterranean diet with the low-carb, moderate-protein, and high-fat ratios of the ketogenic diet. Discover this powerhouse combination diet that will help you lose weight, improve your cardiac and gut health, and feel more energized.
The Essential Ketogenic Mediterranean Diet Cookbook outlines the hows and whys of the diet in detail and provides two weeks of meal plans to get you started. Including 100 delicious recipes like Greek Egg and Tomato Scramble and Braised Short Ribs with Red Wine, the dishes also use everyday ingredients to set you up for sustainable, long-term success.
This ketogenic Mediterranean diet cookbook includes:
- Best of all worlds―From weight loss to cardiac health to improved cognitive function, see why this diet is a winning combination.
- Understand the science―An explanation of macronutrients and how our bodies burn fuel will help you understand the science of the diet and why it works.
- Jumpstart your new lifestyle―Comprehensive shopping lists and meal plans guide your successful transition into ketosis.
Add the calorie-burning science of Keto to one of the most recognized, natural food-based diets in history and you get The Essential Ketogenic Mediterranean Diet Cookbook.
From the Publisher
Sample Recipe: Lemon-Olive Oil Breakfast Cakes with Berry Syrup
Weekends are made for pancakes! Olive oil–based cakes are a common staple for the Mediterranean baker. The lemon flavor is a light and refreshing new twist on a breakfast favorite
To Make the Pancakes
1. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk to break up any clumps.
2. Add the 4 tablespoons olive oil, eggs, lemon zest and juice, and almond extract and whisk to combine well.
3. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter for each of 4 pancakes. Cook until bubbles begin to form, 4 to 5 minutes, and flip. Cook another 2 to 3 minutes on second side. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and batter.
Serves 4 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the Berry Sauce
-1 cup frozen mixed berries
-1 tablespoon water or lemon juice, plus more if needed
-½ teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the Berry Sauce In a small saucepan, heat the frozen berries, water, and vanilla extract over medium-high for 3 to 4 minutes, until bubbly, adding more water if mixture is too thick. Using the back of a spoon or fork, mash the berries and whisk until smooth.
DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, VEGETARIAN
Per Serving (2 pancakes with ¼ cup berry syrup): Calories 275, Total Fat: 26g, Total Carbs: 8g, Net Carbs: 6g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 4g, Sodium: 271mg, Macros: Fat: 83%, Carbs: 11%, Protein: 6%
For the pancakes:
1 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 large eggs
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon almond or vanilla extract